Saturday 3 December 2011

Advent Hero - Day Three

Patrick Jane as Simon Baker - The Mentalist

Fay Cunningham shares her Advent Hero

Simon Baker, as he appears in The Mentalist, was the blueprint for my hero in my last pocket novel, called Dreaming of Love. Needless to say, the man on the cover illustration was nothing like him, but that didn't really matter. I like to have a picture in my head while I write, but the reader will also have her own idea, and that may not be the same as mine. Patrick Jane had the quiet but sexy persona that I needed. A man of few words, but gorgeous with it. I gave my hero the same wonderful hair (don't you just wish you could run your hands through it?) and the same bright blue eyes, so thank you, Patrick, for letting me borrow you.

5 comments:

  1. He does have lovely eyes, Fay. But I must confess I've never seen The Mentalist. It'll be one of those series that I start to like when everyone else has stopped watching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quiet but sexy is a very good description, Fay. It looks as if someone's already started on his hair! Yes, he does look gentle. Very good advent hero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's the one I was going to post! Have to think again. One of my favourite programmes. Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good old Patrick Jane, always pulls through at the last minute. He's quiet and understated when it comes to his thoughts and his background which always makes you love him a little bit more. There are occasionally flashbacks of when his wife and child were murdered - that sure pulls the heart strings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous Aussie guy with that latent sex appeal that comes across on screen only for a special few. Man of few words for sure in The Mentalist. So many possible Advent Heroes - so little time...

    ReplyDelete